THE Y INVESTS IN YOU
Summer Camp Counselor — Current openings are for subs to work occasional full weeks or days for counselors with vacation plans
Help grow our team for summer camp! You’ll lead campers in activities and group games and supervise children on fun-filled field trips.
Starting Salary at $10.00 per hour, higher pay will be granted to individuals who are at least 21 years old and willing to drive the 15 passenger bus.
Working Hours 9 am-4 pm, Monday- Friday, June 5, 2017- Aug. 11, 2017
Some training and orientation will be conducted before June 5, 2017.
Male and/or bi-lingual Spanish/English counselors are desired. Our female counselor positions are filled.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be at least 19 years of age or older.
- Prior experience working with children under 13 years of age preferred.
- Coursework in education, recreational sports or social work preferred.
- Group management, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Applicants must be able to pass federal and state criminal background check and child offender check.
- CPR and First Aid training a plus, or training will be provided.
- Three references will be reviewed for each applicant
Please apply by submitting a resume to email@example.com.
Part Time Substitute Y’s Kids Staff
The YMCA is looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in becoming substitute Y’s Kids Staff for its after-school programs. Hours for the Before School program start at 7 AM and continue until the school day begins. Hours for the After School program are from the end of the school day until 6 PM. Assignments will be at school sites in Lombard and Villa Park. The number of hours per week will vary on the basis of need.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have an interest and enthusiasm in working with children, as demonstrated by college coursework or experience (volunteer or work experience)
- Complete a background check
- Must be flexible in regard to availability
The Y Invests In You
The Y is dedicated to helping you reach your professional goals because we want you to
feel valued in your work and confident in your potential.
• Ongoing training and development
• Employee resource groups
• Job enrichment opportunities
The Tri-Town YMCA Offers:
- Competitive salaries
- Access to a local Y fitness center
- Tax Deferred savings plan allows you to save tax deferred from the first day of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) includes: counseling service, child & elder care referrals, financial & legal advice, etc.
- Tri-Town will provide for background check, fingerprinting, CPR/First Aid/AED training, exams, as required.
Please call the Tri-Town YMCA, (630)629-9622 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in joining our team.